WHY INVEST IN THE AGROCHEMICAL SECTOR?
Colombia is an important and growing market
- In 2021, agrochemical production in Colombia was USD 1.3 billion growing 9.6% compared to 2020, when production reached USD 1.2 billion. DANE
- Agrochemical production in Colombia will grow at an annual average rate of 2.5% during this decade, reaching USD 1.5 billion in 2030. Euromonitor International
- Colombia’s agrochemical sector market size grew by more than 12%, from USD 1.7 billion in 2020 to USD 1.9 billion in 2021. Euromonitor International
- Colombia has agricultural and agro-industrial growth potential to serve the local and international market, the country is set to become one of the world's food pantries, according to FAO. About 40 million hectares have been declared national agricultural frontier (35% of the territory) and only about 8 million are cultivated. Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Colombia is an export platform for the Americas
- In 2021, Colombian agrochemical exports grew by more than 30%. DANE
- Brazil, Mexico, and Ecuador accounted for almost 60% of Colombian agrochemical exports in 2021. DANE
- The main agrochemical products exported from Colombia are fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides. DANE
- Agrochemical leading companies such as Bayer, UPL and Yara have located their production and logistics operations in Colombia.
Colombia has competitive salaries and skilled labor in different areas related to the agrochemical sector
- In Colombia, almost 60,000 chemistry and chemical engineering professionals have graduated so far in the last 20 years. Ministry of Education
These are the main reasons that make the Colombian agrochemical sector an excellent investment decision.